Sunday, March 14, 2010

Quicktake: Rodarte

This weekend I hiked up to the Cooper Hewitt to check out Quicktake: Rodarte.  First, of all they are my favorite American Designers.  I enjoy their take on fashion and what women.  I always enjoy going to the Copper Hewitt and taking the time to wander around the bell epoch mansion, which makes it an exciting place to view art and design exhibits.  It was a small selection of looks from the past few runway collections.  There was a common theme of layering, decay, and destruction. It was a great to see the garments up close (not that I can't go to Barney's, Bergdorf's, or Opening Ceremony to see the clothes up and personal).  No pictures were allowed which bummed me out, but I have some videos below that shows the making of the exhibit and an interview with Rodarte. 


Rodarte Interview
Rodarte video

No comments:

Post a Comment